Human Resources, Administration and Staff Training
THE BAHAMAS AGRICULTURAL & INDUSTRIAL CORPORATION
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT, ADMINISTRATION & STAFF TRAINING
The Corporation ended year 2016 with a staff compliment of one hundred eighty-three employees (183). Included in this number are eleven (11) new hires. Corporation is headquartered on Old Trail Road. In addition to the Head Office, BAIC also has offices in the Family Islands which include: – Abaco, North and South Andros, Eleuthera, Exuma, Freeport and San Salvador.
Sr. AGM, Human Resources
Staff Training & Development, BAIC Head Office
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
During 2016, Staff Training was aggressively pursued. Staff was given opportunities to local and international training opportunities. Additionally these opportunities also captured our employees in Grand Bahama. The training opportunities offered to staff members included:-
- Quick Books Workshop ~ Grand Bahama
- Empowering Women Seminar
- Business Outlook ~ Eleuthera
- Payroll Law
- BPSU Young Workers Workshop & Presentation on Aragonite
- Inaugural Agricultural Extension Training Programme
- Entrepreneurship Education to Strengthen Emerging Economies
- Trainers Training on Promotion of Self Employment and Skill Development (TT-PSESD)
- Seminar on fruit Processing and Comprehensive Nutrition for Developing Countries
- ICGFM The International Consortium on Government Financial Management
- SPS Project Multi-Country Action-Regional Capacity Building in Risk Analysis
- Training Course in Disease Management ~ University Of Florida
SALARY SCALES AND CAREER PATH
BAIC Human Resources completed a comprehensive review of the salary scales and career path. This process included the input of the Labour Consultant Mr. Samuel Mitchell. The Draft proposal has been submitted to the Executive Offices for review and further directions.
BAIC PENSION PLAN PROPOSAL
As a means to provide staff members with an avenue for savings towards their retirement BAIC Human Resources along with LENO Corporate Services prepared a comprehensive analysis of a proposed pension plan for BAIC. This proposal was forwarded to the Executive Office.
ANNUAL EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL
The Human Resources via Board Approval introduced a new revised Annual Employee Performance Appraisal. The new form is extremely comprehensive and allows for a more detailed and accurate analysis of the employees’ performance. The new form also addresses the employees’ strengths and weakness and the employees’ development plan.