Governance Training & Financial Management
The Government of The Bahamas has received financing from the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) and intends to apply part of the proceeds to payments under the Revitalization of the Sponging Industry for the services of a Consultant to provide training for two training activities – Governance training, and Financial management training.
The Consultant will be required to:
- Provide training content and training material based on the strategic plan of a newly incorporated association. This requires the facilitation of training to assist board members to understand each role within the association, and the development of best policies and practices to ensure the strengthening of the association’s governance.
- Provide training content and training material based on the financial management plan of a newly incorporated association. This requires the facilitation of training to assist board members with understanding the financial needs of the association, how to read and use the various financial statements, and how to financially plan for growth.
Duration: This assignment is expected to be concluded in 3 months
- Draft course outlines and materials to be used in governance training – for approval
- Draft course outlines and materials to be used in financial management training – for approval
- Delivery of governance training along with course outlines, and training material used
- Delivery of financial management training along with course outlines, and training material used
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Management, or other related fields
- At least 5-years of experience in business planning
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Experience working with grass root organizations and small communities
- A good knowledge of national strategies, policies and priorities that guide associations
The Bahamas Agricultural Industrial Corporation now invites eligible consultants or consultancy firms to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested candidates must provide proposals, along with information outlining qualification, experiences, competencies, and cost. Consultants will be selected in accordance with procedures set out in the Inter-American Development Bank: Policies for the Selection and Contracting of Consultants financed by the Inter-American Development Bank (GN-2350-7) and is open to all eligible consultants as defined in the policies.
How to Apply
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 9:00am – 5:00pm Local Time. Proposals must be delivered via direct mail or email at the address indicated below.
Bahamas Agriculture and Industrial Corporation
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box N-4940